St. Charles, IL Family Law Attorneys
Divorce and Family Lawyers Serving Geneva, Batavia, Aurora, and Kane County
Family law is a broad area of the law that is not restricted to divorce proceedings alone. There are a number of other practice areas that fall under the jurisdiction of the family court system. At Shaw Family Law, P.C., our attorneys are skilled and experienced in handling legal matters in all areas of family law. No matter what the case, we work closely with our clients to safeguard your rights and interests and help to guide you through the legal process.
Skilled and Caring Family Law Representation, Call 630-206-3300
When working with families it is important to remember that there are emotional stakes as well as legal stakes in play. Our attorneys are always mindful of the sensitive nature of family law matters, and we have the experience and temperament to effectively handle delicate issues. We offer clients skilled and caring representation in the following family law areas:
- Adoption – We guide parents through the legal issues involved in adoption, making sure our clients' rights are protected and facilitating the adoption process.
- Civil Union Dissolution – We advocate for our clients' rights throughout the process of dissolving a civil union and assist in resolving all related matters through negotiation and litigation.
- Domestic Violence and Orders of Protection – We help obtain the necessary protective orders for clients in abusive situations and strongly advocate for our clients' rights and safety.
- Legal Separation – We work with clients to negotiate issues related to parenting and property in legal separations.
- Paternity – We help clients resolve questions of parentage and advocate for our clients rights to visitation/parenting time and child support where applicable.
- Pre and Postnuptial Agreements – We work with clients to negotiate and draft marital agreements that will protect their rights and interests should they chose to dissolve their marriage at a later date.
Positive Family Law Counsel Serving Kane County
When it comes to family law matters, achieving the desired outcome for the case is not the only thing that is important. Having a positive experience with the legal process should also be your goal. It is important to choose an attorney that is committed to both of these objectives. Attorney Matt Shaw is that attorney. His positive personality, combined with his extensive knowledge of family law allows him to consistently deliver his clients the results and experience they seek.
If you are looking for a skilled and experienced family lawyer, contact us at 630-206-3300 to schedule a free consultation. We will listen carefully to the specifics of your legal matter, answer your questions, and discuss your legal options going forward. Shaw Family Law, P.C. has 30 years of experience working with clients on all types of family law matters, and we are dedicated to continuing to provide effective and efficient legal services to clients throughout Northern Illinois.